Q: What should I keep in my car during the winter in case of an emergency?
A: There are a few items I would recommend storing in your vehicle for possible emergencies:
- Jumper Cables–Extreme temperatures can drain a battery.
- Flash Light–To signal for assistance as well as be able to see yourself
- Blanket–It is always a good idea to keep a blanket or 2 in the car in case you need to wait for a tow truck or a ride
- Hats/Gloves–Along with a blanket, this helps keep you warm
- Snacks–It is good to keep some granola bars or crackers on hand
- Sand or Kitty Litter–This helps give you traction if you are stuck in the snow or mud
- Small Shovel–a collapsible shovel is handy to dig yourself out snow
- Cell phone charger–It’s good to make sure your cell phone charger is in the vehicle